Saturday, December 31, 2016

November and December 2016

When we returned home with Honalee, somehow, Tom was able to back it into our driveway. The weekend after returning home, we hitched Honalee up and we had a friend give us some backing lessons out past Spencer Rd. We were out there about 4 hours. When we returned back to our home, we spent almost another hour trying back it into our driveway again. We could not! Our friend is a semi driver and used to teach truckers and he couldn't do it either!! Very weird! So, I quickly called a nearby new RV storage place and they said to come right over. The covered spots are full but he is building new ones so we will park in the open until the new ones are done... for free!
 Honalee in her new home at the RV Storage.
The following weekend we took Honalee out to East Lake for one night. It took me 50 minutes to back it up into the spot. Oh, this has to get easier!! But, we did it! There were several spots available right on the lake but there were so many people nearby and I didn't want to be their entertainment. So, I chose a spot farther away from the lake.


 We had Dan and Liz come by for dinner!
It was a wonderful evening with grilled salmon, wine, beer 
and great conversation!
 We decided we needed some step covers to help keep
the dirt out of the inside. These went on easily and look great!
Since the stairs fold up and the carpet takes up room, 
we could only put the carpet on 3 steps.

The next morning we had our friends Joe and Bobbie come for brunch! Love entertaining in our new home. The problem is, we have to leave it go live in our house for a few more months!

November 2016
This month was spent getting rid of more things. We have sold a few more things on Craigslist. I posted a bunch of stuff on the “Newton Buy Sell Trade” sight. 
 Parked in North Newton for the night.
Our friends Larry and Donna came for lunch and later, 
our friends Joe and Sheryle visited in the evening!
One weekend Sasha and Ryan and Parker came down and they helped so much! Karis was back too!!! Sasha and Karis and I worked on the kitchen (cleaning cabnets, new knobs, painting) and Ryan helped Tom stain the back of the two story part of the house. We got so much done!

December 2016
I sold the comforter and 7 pillows that came with the 5th wheel. Sold for $75.00! I bought a new comforter and I made all new window treatments for the bedroom. It looks great!! Lots of bright colors! The comforter and pillows it came with were so dull!


 New bedspread and I made new window treatments.
Our bedroom looks so much happier!

We moved Honalee to the new RV storage shelter. It was finally completed and she is under cover now. We go out there occasionally to visit, to relax, to top off the batteries, bring more things out there etc. I have purchased storage containers that fit various cupboards. We installed some towel racks in the bathroom. 









No comments: