This is another crazy month. I assume that when people plan to do what we are planning, it is a huge undertaking for all! We have completely emptied all the cupboards and closets. I have both upstairs closets filled with things to sell. There is a huge amount of stuff in the living room on the buffet of things to sell and the buffet in the dining room is full too. Our bedroom suite and the upstairs bedroom suite is also for sale, as is most of the living room furniture and the dining room table and chairs. I threw out tons of spices/oils/seasonings. Most were way past expiration dates (like 2-5 years past!)
We continue to have our clothing in the house, as long as we are living in the house. In the old sewing room, is a small area of things to take to the 5th wheel. Other than those things, we have the 5th wheel pretty well stocked. We bought a lot of new things because many items were old and we needed new anyway (cookie sheets, knives, casserole dishes etc.). Some things we bought new because we would need it in the 5th wheel; Instant Pot, inflatable bed for guests, 2 sets of flannel sheets, 4 outdoor chairs, portable gas grill. We need a lot of things still but they can wait (solar, generator, end table, new chairs for the table).
It's a constant push and pull with what to do next and what sequence to do things in! I filled out all the paperwork for our mail forwarding service, had it notarized by a friend at work and mailed in. I also created a card to send to all family and friends, telling them what we are doing and our new contact information, including this blog. I also made a business card size of our contact information, to hand out. I went to Cox and disconnected the home phone. No more 283-8818, a number we have had for 25 years!
Tom stained and varnished baseboard and door frames. He is almost done installing. The house looks great! I painted the bathroom upstairs.
I listed the house on Zillow last weekend. I meant to list it as "coming soon" just to see what interest there was. I accidentally listed it as "For Sale". We had 136 "looks", 9 "saved", and 4 people emailed me. I only had it up for 2.5 days. We will put in on the market on February 1, 2017.
Yesterday I walked in the Woman's March on Washington-Wichita, Kansas. It was a great experience!! One I will remember for a very long time. I don't feel so alone in the world now! It was great to see a huge number of men and women marching all around the world! Maybe we can stamp out hate for others. Building relationships with those who are different from ourselves is the only way I can see that we can progress as a species. Really proud that our whole family participated even though we are miles apart! Karis is Washington DC, Sasha in Kansas City Missouri and Tom and I in Wichita Kansas.


No comments:
Post a Comment