Monday, February 13, 2017

This is more stressful than I thought!

Tom and I are pretty emotionally stable people but these last few weeks have really stressed us out! So many life changes... all at once. We are: getting the house ready to put on the market, talking with potential buyers, selling individual items on Craigslist, planning a large estate sale, marking and organizing everything ourselves, put our dog to sleep, moving to the 5th wheel, establishing a forwarding address, researching insurance, putting some things in storage, planning our retirement in 3 months, AND working full time! Way too much!

I think part of what is going on emotionally is that we are packing things that mean something to us and going through a lot of memories. We have 40 years of gifts, presents, old photos, lots of memories, lots of items we bought along the way, etc. Some things are being stored in a storage unit in Missouri. How long will these things be in storage? Two years? Five years? Longer? Will we ever live in a house again? Will we think we need these things later? What will our health be like when we quit traveling? Is this our last move? Suddenly we are planning for our last years which seems so amazing and weird. It seems so recent that I longingly watched Tom carry a cooler of beer up the bleacher steps at the college football game. I was sitting with a blind date and wishing I was with Tom instead of this weirdo. I knew Tom only a little because he was in some of my social work classes. Tall and cute and very nice! It wasn't that long ago!

We are so excited for your new adventure! No more going to work Monday - Friday. We are ready!! Only 3 months left! We just have to hang on through the sale, through the move to the 5th wheel and the sale of our home. Then we can relax a little. Once we retire and start traveling... we have to figure out how to relax. Do we even know how?

No comments: